Anyway, we have several holly trees in our backyard, both male and female trees. As a result, we have some trees that are natural bird feeders. One is right off the end of deck. Typically, starlings come in early spring and pick in clean in an hour. Thankfully, the starlings haven't arrived so there is food for other birds.
We have 1 robin who is basically living in the tree and drinking the melted snow that puddles on the deck railing. Today we added a small flock of cardinals, 2 males and 3 females. We also have several assorted little birds that dart in and out. I have been throwing some bird seed out on the snow mounds on the deck and the little birds are eating there. I think I will head to the store and buy some sunflower seeds for the bigger birds as the trees will be picked clean soon.
Here are some of our visitors.
Our resident robin
1 male cardinal and 3 females
The other male cardinal

No comments:
Post a Comment