Today was an odd day. The kids would either be really out-of-control crazy or just perfect. We'd all be playing a great game together and I'd leave the room for 30 seconds to do something and boom! They would have thrown the game all over the place, tore a curtain rod off the wall, pushed someone off the bed...something! Geez. Some days are just like that.
I finally finished the 2000 piece jigsaw that I started during the heavy snow. It was nice to see it all done. I did it almost all by myself. Tom helped put in about 5 or 6 pieces today so I did about 1994 of the pieces myself. Jay is a huge jigsaw puzzle person so typically he hogs any puzzles we have. He is currently working on a 1000 "world's smallest pieces" puzzle. Very tiny little pieces. Of course, Sam destroyed the parts Jay had together last week and Jay didn't work on it for several days because he was grumpy about it.
Oh those potty issues! I know that kids regress from time to time, but it never makes it any easier to deal with when it happens. I have no clue what is going on with these kids right now. Tom had been doing really well for the longest time and not having any issues at night. We had actually quit getting him up before we went to bed and he didn't have any problems. Then he started wetting the bed and also started lying about whether he had or not. We started getting him up again at night, but no change. He wets it almost nightly and then lies every time about it. I don't understand it! We don't make any big deal about him wetting. It happens and we know that. We just ask him to change out of his wet pj's and take the sheets off the bed (exactly what our doctor suggests). He lies and says he's dry. We don't make a big deal if he is dry or anything...he'll stay in wet pj's and undies for as long as he can get away with it. Ewww!
Sam-grrrr. He is potty trained. Until yesterday, it had been a very long time since his last accident. His last accident was more my fault than his anyway. (I couldn't get him to a public restroom fast enough at a bookstore). Anyway, yesterday, he peed 4 times in his pants. Today, twice in his pants, once on the bathroom floor next to the potty and he pooped his pants today too! I know this will pass and we'll get back on track, but I have to vent somewhere.
Tuesday, February 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I feel your pain. I hate hate hate potty regressions! Nothing makes me more frustrated!
Post a Comment