Saturday, December 6, 2008

30th birthday

I had a very wonderful 30th birthday yesterday. My mother sent me flowers, Jay brought me flowers and I went out for the evening at a Moms Night Out event. I got to spend the evening with some great gals. They gave me some wonderful, fun gifts and I ate a lot of really bad for me food. While I was out, Jay and the boys wrapped a special gift for me and made a delicious carrot cake. I came home around 12:30 in the morning and noticed a Circut City bag laying on the couch. I had a pretty good guess about could have been in the bag, but it was a very large bag and my guess was something pretty small, so I wasn't sure. Jay told me the boys had hid my gift and I was supposed to find it in the morning. He also said I would never find it.
This morning, Joe told me that he was going to help me find the gift. I decided to ask some questions:
"Is it in a bedroom?" Yes
"is it in my bedroom?" Yes
"is it under the bed?" yes
Okay, so maybe I wasn't supposed to find it that easily, but what can I say? I am good at guessing sometimes.
The gift was the digital SLR that I have been drooling about for months and months, but never dreamed that we could afford. Thankfully, Jay was employee of the month in October and got a little bonus for that. We finished the morning with carrot cake (with cream cheese frosting!) for breakfast and it was great all around.
We plan to get a Christmas tree today, but it is really cold outside today. We are also dropping the boys at my mom's house this afternoon and letting them babysit while we go out for an evening.
Jay has been reading over my shoulder for this entire post and I am not comfortable with someone reading while I type. I have no problem with him reading after I type but during the typing is just uncomfortable. He laughed and left just now.
I decided to drink a very little bit last night in celebration of my b-day. I had 1 beer, a little peach wine, and a splash of champagne. I woke up feeling like I'd been run over by a truck. Lexapro and alcohol just don't mix. Of course, there is a big label on the bottle that says I shouldn't drink while on these meds, so perhaps it is my fault.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I am so excited about your new camera. I can't wait to see some of the beautiful pictures you take!Happy Belated B-day!

Kim said...

Glas I was able to celebrate with you. Didn't know what an SLR was until I read Jennys comment - I am so behind the times. Glad you had a wonderful bday you deserve it.