Okay, so I have finally seem to get over most of my troubles and am in full Holiday spirit mode. Unfortunately, things keep trying to squash that holiday feeling. First the cat and the cards, then Joe and the mantle, today...well...poop.
Today I was planning to wrap Christmas presents while Sammy took his nap. I gathered up the wrapping paper, scissors, tape...oh wait, out of scotch tape and had to use packing tape, and the presents and headed to wrap in the basement where Tom was playing. I was down there for about 15 minutes when Sammy started crying. He was supposed to be going to sleep and crying is pretty normal for that. He wants to play, not sleep...hence the crying.
After a few minutes, he was really really crying which is unusual so I came upstairs to lay him back down and tuck him in again. Part way up the stairs, the smell hit me. I really had to fight the urge to turn around and go back down stairs. What kind of mom would I be if I left my child in his own filth? It wouldn't be so bad if he would just leave it in his diaper where it belongs. But, I trudged upstairs to clean anyway.
He had gone down for his nap with a snappy crotch onsie, topped by a thin-weight zipped, footed sleeper (with the zipper diaper pinned shut) and a sweatshirt on top of that. It was his favorite shirt so I was hoping he wouldn't do anything like this. It was all in vain.
He had taken the shirt off and carefully put it on the side of his crib out of the way (very comical, if a less crappy situation.) He managed to un-pin the diaper pin (How???!!!???) Once the pin was gone, he just unzipped and removed the sleeper and reached around the crotch of the onsie to get to his bottom.
Thankfully, no wall today and none on his favorite shirt. Not much else was spared. Crib, sheets, carpet, bedtime buddies, everything!
After everything was cleaned and Sam was bathed, I redressed him the best I can (though I have throughly run out of ideas). He cried and cried for his buddies and his favorite blankies. But he couldn't have them as they were on their way to the wash.
After all that, I really didn't feel like wrapping presents. Tommy, however, was so excited to wrap a few presents that I just couldn't quit. I sat down and started wrapping, and pretty soon, I was humming again. "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas..."
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
God bless you
Post a Comment