Monday, December 22, 2008

This day would come

I knew it. I didn't want it to happen, but it did. Sam has finally learned how to crawl out of his crib. No longer can he be contained to a small space, but must be allowed to run free in his room. We plan to move him to a twin bed the day after Christmas since it isn't real safe for him to be climbing out of the crib. I knew it was going to happen one day, but I was hoping to hold off for a while longer. Joe climbed out at about 18 months, and since he and Tom were sharing a room, Joe taught Tommy to do it when Tom was about 19 months. So, Sam being almost 23 months, means it's about time.
On the bright side (the brightess side of all!!!), Sam seems to be changing his painting habits. (KNOCK ON WOOD..very very loudly)
He has decided he doesn't like having a wet or dirty diaper and yells loudly for me to change him if he is in bed or climbs out of bed and comes looking for me. Unfortunately, he woke up at 11:30 last night because he had peed. I woke up and changed him, put him back to bed. He bounced and played around in bed for a bit, then climbed out again. I put him back and was then quite awake and decided to read for a bit. I finally fell back asleep after 1:30am, though Sam was still bouncing in his crib. Sam woke me up again at 3:30 yelling "Ewww!" I got up and changed his diaper. I doubt he had gone back after 1:30. He fell asleep around 4 and so did I. Joe woke me up at 5:20, to tell me he had thrown up in bed. I cleaned that up (thankfully, not a big mess) and put him back to bed. The alarm went off at 6, and Jay just laid there. I think I kicked him and he got up. He woke me up again as he was leaving because it was already 7:15, and I needed to get a move on to get everyone ready for school.
I am tired.

No comments: