Monday, December 15, 2008

No cometh the Christmas Spirit

Because of all the stress this year, I have had a really hard time getting into the spirit of the holidays. Christmas is my favorite time of year. I keep trying to do Christmasy things, but something always happens to dampen my good cheer. I keep trying to decorate the house, something goes wrong and I have to stop. I made cards, the cat ruined them. I tried to get the kids dressed to do Christmas pictures and Joe (for some unknown reason) decides to hang on the mantle. It then pulled off the wall because it is not made to hang on. Truely the only non childproof things in the house are on this mantle of course. Many of the items were gifts from people who went on out of country trips. The Cambodian peguins and owl are fine. The Tahitian God is fine. The Japanese and Italian vases are fine BUT the statue my brother got in China is broken. The green glass elephant that belonged to my husband's great aunt (and one he admired greatly as a child) is broken. One of our wedding presents was a praying girl that came with a whole story about how she prays over our family and watches out for us. It was a beautiful gift and has had a place of honor in our house ever since our wedding. She is now in lots of pieces. I just don't know what to do about Joe anymore. He had a blue day a school today and his teacher is loses patience. Needless to say, I didn't feel like doing Christmas pictures anymore.

No comments: