Friday, December 5, 2008

Joe and school

I have to go to the bus stop in 15 minutes to get Joe and I am not looking forward to it. His behavior at school has really taken a turn for the worst this week. September was shaky, but October was so much better that his teacher and I had hoped that he was used to school and settled in. About halfway through November, he started have trouble again. First it was just a couple yellow days a week, then a blue here and there, but no reds. At my conference with his teacher, she voiced her concern that his behavior has spiraled down again. Joe supported her concern this week. Monday, Joe got a yellow and then a blue on Tuesday (his class had a substitute teacher that day). Wednesday was a red day and Thursday was yellow. I really really want him to get a green day today. I would hate for him to finish the week out on a "bad" color.
I am really truely out of ideas on what to do for him and how to help him. His blue on Tuesday was because he was disrupting class and smearing glue on the wall. Wednesday he was not following directions and then pushing kids down and stepping on them! When I asked why he was pushing, he said he was playing a game and that the other kids thought it was funny. His teacher says that Joe was just being mean and the kids were complaining so if they were playing a game, those other kids didn't know that they were playing.
I really want Joe to love and enjoy school and have a good year. I loved school as a kid, but I just don't know how to help him.

No comments: