Thursday, December 4, 2008

Tradition interrupted

Every year for the past 5 years, I have filled our Avent calendar with goodies for Jay and the boys. We have a wonderful advent calendar that hangs on the wall with pockets for goodies. I was feeling really guilty because it is the 4th of December and I hadn't gotten the calendar up. I already had the stuff to fill it, but I just didn't have the time carved out to fill the pockets. Today I made sure that I had that time. Unfortunately, I am unable to find the calendar. I have searched every place that I have stored it in the past, but I just can't find it. I am sure that I stuck it up in the attic last year (where it belongs) but it is nowhere to be found. Ahhh! That basically sums up my holiday spirit right now. I was hoping to get our tree up Saturday, but now Jay is saying he would rather work on the house instead of picking a tree. Picking a tree in the past has always been an unpleasant experience since Jay and I don't work well together when making on the spot decisions. We are hoping to cut our own tree this year. I would love to do a living tree, but there is no where we could afford that.
Sam has just been unhappy all day. Perhaps another molar is arriving. I finally got tired of him crying and hitting me, so I placed him in bed for a bit to cry it out. He has been going straight fo 10 minutes non stop now. I will probably give in and get him out of bed before he calms down.
Joe did a little better at school today. He had gotten reds on Tuesday and Wednesday and got a yellow today. Hopefully, he will get settled down again.
Our basement is clean and sorted with the new furniture installed. I am happy how it turned out, even though we were planning on a few other changes. I am not sure if we will do them now or not.
We are having split pea soup and homemade bread for dinner. Not a soup I would pick (though I did pick to make it...), it is Jay's favorite. Joe and Tom dislike it so they are having bread and ham and a veggie for dinner. We will see if Sam will try it, but I am sure he won't eat it either.

1 comment:

Kim said...

I feel your pain. Our tree isn't up either and we have a plastic tree. Advent calender also not up. Will do it today if it kills me.