Okay, I have to admit that I am not really the least bit interested in shoes. They cover my feet when I leave the house, I don't look at them and I could care less. That being said, I do think many other people have lots of cute shoes and I do notice them and compliment them honestly. It's just that I, personally, am not interested in my shoes. Out of all the women (and most men) I know, I own the least pairs of shoes. I believe that my dad even owns more shoes than me. I have 6 pairs of shoes currently (though it is 7 if you count the flip flops that stay at the cabin). I have been shopping for a new pair of tennis shoes for a while, but haven't had much luck. My old ones are just plain worn out with a small hole on the side. I have just compensated by wearing my black shoes more often. Lately though, my black shoes have been making my socks damp if it is wet outside. I finally took the time this morning to investigate the soles of my black shoes and found a hole in both of them!!! So they were retired to the trash can and I headed to the mall with Tom and Sam. I promised them if they were good, then we would go to the Holiday Train Garden at a different mall when I was done. I managed to find a pair of name-brand tennis shoes for my price range (under $40) at a store that was having a sale, buy one get one 1/2 off. I couldn't find any black casual shoes that I liked so I put the tennis shoes back and continued my search. I found a pair of black shoes for under $40 at another store that was having the same kind of sale, but they had no tennis shoes that would fit. The second store did have a pair of brown casual shoes that I liked, but I couldn't see spending the money to get those shoes too. So I bought black shoes at one place and tennis shoes at another and wasn't able to take advantage of the sale at all. Now of course, I am thinking of returning the black shoes because they weren't quite what I wanted...
Tom and Sam were very well behaved at the first mall so I traveled to the second mall to pick up my film and let them go to the Holiday Train Garden. It is a huge room full of model trains and Christmas decor. They loved it! For the first time this season, I have felt the holiday spirit and now maybe I can make the Christmas gifts that I am being forced to make.
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Ha! Have you seen my shoes? I have close to 100 total. The thing is they're all mostly from Payless or hand me downs and I wear them until they fall apart.
I really don't know how you're my sister! I have like 15 pairs of black shoes alone. :)
Post a Comment